The Ten Commandments Of Mortgage Marketing
No…The following Commandments did not come from any mountain, nor were they carved on clay tablets, but they have been known for countless years by Mortgage Professionals. Smart marketers have followed these common sense commandments because they know it will lead them directly to The Promised Land.
1. Thou shalt dedicate thyself to becoming the very best Mortgage Professional you can be.
Thou shall be a virtual sponge and soak up everything related to your knowledge and improvement of your Mortgage Business. The more you learn, the more powerful you become, and the more powerful you become, the more effective you will be at originating mortgages.
2. Thou shalt continue to feed thy prospect list. Suspects most surely become prospects, who then become your mortgage customers. Your mortgage customers then generate referrals that create more prospects and the cycle begins anew. For thousands of years, this marketing process (also known as prospecting) has governed all types of marketing activities, and it will continue to do so for another thousand years.
3. Thou shalt follow the 30 day contact rule. Your customers, prospects and advocates (those who refer business to you) should hear from you every 30 days without fail. You should call them, email them, and send them postcards, note cards, a newsletter, or mortgage news and happenings.
4. Thou shalt create and maintain a detailed Mortgage customer, prospect list, and contact list. Thou shall allocate time each week to maintaining and updating thy lists. For it is these lists that hold the customers that will be in your next mortgage pipeline and your pipeline for years to come.
5. Thou shalt view all Mortgage Marketing com buy to let mortgages material from the reader’s point of view. It does not matter if you personally “like” what you have created. If your prospects do not respond to your ad copy, it is not doing what it should be doing. Always think like your prospects and give them what they want. Thou shall purge your marketing material of the old and the out dated, and replace it with the new and the refreshing concepts.
6. Thou shalt respect and honor not only these humble Commandments, but all of the rules, regulations, and laws of the land that govern both you and your Mortgage Business.
7. Thou shalt not quit. Remember that Moses and the Israelites wandered the desert for some 40 years and did not give up. You owe it to yourself and your mortgage business to try any new marketing program or idea at least three or four times before moving on. Your contact or prospect could have been out of town the first time you ran it, and on vacation the second. Repetition is always your best friend.
8. Thou shalt steal good marketing ideas only from successful competitors. Add your personality and experience to the mix and make it your idea. Just be sure you do not violate any copyright laws.
9. Thou shalt set aside time to build a web presence and spend a little time each day promoting your site and building your Mortgage Business. The Internet has come of age and you can either join and prosper as a result, or be left behind to ponder your demise.
10. Thou shalt say “Thank You” often. Every savvy marketer knows that a ‘thank you’ is important. They don’t have to be showy or expensive. Just make sure the ‘thank you’ is classy and considerate, and the kindness you have shown will eventually be repaid to you many times over.
There is no doubt that all of us have broken these commandments from time to time. Should you consistently break these Ten Commandments of Mortgage Marketing, you do run the risk of a mass customer and prospect exodus the world has yet to see.